Spring Forward, Without a Flop
Spring Forward, Without a Flop.
We had Holiday Break and the related upset to the flow that it took all Fall to formulate. We had back to school, aka, back to flu. We made it to Spring Break and Spring Forward, and thus, another wrench in the routine. But, with a little heads-up, we can hop ahead of the tots, and be ready to Spring Forward without a hitch in the repose program.
Step by step:
- On March 10th put baby to bed at regular time.
- Move clocks forward one hour.
- The next morning, get baby up within 15-20 mins of normal wake up time per the time on the clock.
- Do everything according to the new clock time Sunday. This means all meals and sleep times.
- The younger they are, the more important it is to start the day at the same time.
- True black-out curtains to save the day (and make them think it’s still night). This time of year, mornings are brighter and evenings lighter. Block that sun to prevent early waking and bedtime battles.
- BUT…Sunday morning, you’ll be up, perhaps begrudgingly, but you will be, because your baby will be. Bask in that sun! Fresh air and sunshine first thing in the morning on Sunday will help reset their inner body clock for a swifter adjustment to the new state of affairs.
- Power down early. Avoid any screens like the TV, computer, or iPad two hours prior to bedtime.
You’ve got this. Now Hop to it!